Saturday 30 September
Join us for an exhibition presented by the students and staff at the Department of Languages and Intercultural Studies, Heriot-Watt University, in collaboration with Leith Public Library.
Exhibition dates: Saturday, 30th September to Saturday, 7th October.
Location: Leith Public Library, 28-30 Ferry Road, Edinburgh EH6 4AE
- 1-week exhibition of translated books
- Discussion with an award-winning translator
- Recommend a book to win a prize
- A one-week exhibition featuring classic translated books from around the world that are part of the Edinburgh Library Collection, for both children and adults.
- Join a conversation with Leri Price, an award-winning literary translator of contemporary Arabic fiction, and a PhD student at the Intercultural Research Centre at Heriot-Watt University, at 11:00-12:00, Saturday 7th October.
- Share your love for translated books and you could win a £50 Waterstones voucher! Recommend a translated book in any language in 300 words and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm, 16th October. Two lucky winners will each receive a £50 Waterstones voucher to further fuel their literary pursuits.
If you have any further questions, please contact Shirley Tan (email@example.com).